SPLC2017 will take place in Seville, one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, and will be hosted by ISA Group of the Universidad de Sevilla. You can find more tourist information here, and lots of recommendations in TripAdvisor or minube.
We have also prepared a special list with points of interest here.
The conference will take place at the NH Convenciones Hotel (or NH Collection Sevilla).
NH Collection Hotel (Conference location)
The address of the hotel is :Avda Diego Martinez Barrio, 8 41013 Seville – Spain (See map below)
- To reach the conference location from the city centre (and vice versa), we recommend taken the metro centro line (every five minutes) from “Prado San Sebastian and Plaza nueva” to direction “San Bernardo “.
- See route below:
Please visit the this page for VISA information and entry requirements in Spain.
Connection Airport/City center by taxi:
- Stops: Opposite the terminal, both arrivals and departures.
- Journey duration: Approximately 15 minutes.
- Price: Fixed fares are applied for journeys between the airport and anywhere within the standard fare limits of the city of Seville. These depend on the day of the week and the time. In any case, this should never exceed €27 (including luggage).
Connection Airport/City center by bus:
- Itinerary: Airport – Prado San Sebastian (see Map). “San Bernardo” Stop is 7 minutes walking to the conference venue, NH Collection Hotel, and just in front NH Viapol Hotel.
- Timetables: Approximately every 30 min. from Monday to Friday and every 1 hour on Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- Price: Single fare, €4.00; return (same day) €6.00
The Santa Justa Train Station (see Map) serves as an important hub for connections between Seville and all of the Autonomous Regions of Spain and Europe. Major train lines from Madrid, Málaga and Granada converge here. The AVE, (high speed train) provides service to/from Madrid in just two and a half hours.
For further information and booking, please visit the following web site: http://www.renfe.es
Phone number: (+34) 902 24 02 02.
LOCAL TRANSPORT Click here for a brieft resume.
Seville city buses are run by TUSSAM. There are day buses from 6:00 to 23:30 and night buses from Plaza Nueva at 0:00, 1:00 and 2:00. Three different types of tickets are available:
- One-ride ticket. Valid for a single ride (€1,10). They can be purchased from the drivers at the ticket machines located on the buses.
- Ten-ride tickets. Valid for ten rides, they can be with (€6) or without transfer (€5). The former allow for transfer between different lines within two hours. They can be purchased at Tussam information booths and in almost all press stands and tobacco shops in the city.
- One-day (€3,25) and three-day (€7,50) tourist cards. They are valid for the time indicated in their name without any restriction in terms of number of rides; they can be purchased at Tussam information booths and in almost all press stands and tobacco shops in the city.
The size of the city and the common nice weather make this option highly recommended. The service is call ‘sevici’ and is managed by the city council and JCDecaux. The stations are situated throughout the inner-city with a distance of around 200 meters between each one. The bikes can be borrowed from, and returned to, any station in the system, making it suitable for one way travel. A wide network of bicycle lines are available along the city (see map)
A weekly membership is available to use the service. It cost €5 and can be obtained directly at any station by presenting a credit card. Additionally, €150 must be authorized in order to deter theft. (If a debit card is used, the 150 euros will be taken immediately and returned at the end of the hire period.) When a weekly membership is purchased the user is provided with a member code to be used at the stations, making the service immediately available.
For further information, please visit the following web site: http://www.sevici.es/
Public bicycles in Seville
Day fares: the minimum fare is €3.60. €0.91 a kilometer and €1.33 the flag fall.
Night fares: the minimum fare is €5.62. €1.41 a kilometer and €2.00 the flag fall.
There are several taxi companies:
- Radio Taxi Giralda: (+34) 954 675 555
- Tele Taxi Sevilla: (+34) 954 622 222
- Radio Taxi: (+34) 954 580 000