SPLC 2020 is an excellent opportunity for students to meet and talk with leading academic or industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of systems and software product lines. Being a student volunteer is also an excellent way of meeting other students from all over the world and to offset some of the costs of the conference. Our student volunteers are critical in ensuring that the conference runs smoothly, and SPLC would not be possible without their enthusiastic contribution each year.
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make SPLC 2020 a unique experience for all attendees.
- Free registration to the main conference
- Free admission to tutorials (space permitting)
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Must be enrolled in a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference. They have to be fluent in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Expected to be present online during the entire conference from October 19th to 23rd, 2020. Student volunteers will also need to be available some time prior to the event for training sessions on the online platforms that SPLC will use this year.
- You will be requested to specify in the application form the days you are available and the time zone where you are located. Not all volunteers will be required during the full time.
- The student volunteers will fundamentally help to run many of the online sessions, which means starting and ending the sessions, help the presenters, report and/or solve technical problems during the talks, and provide general assistance to keep the conference running smoothly.
- To apply for a student volunteer position, please send a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following information: your program of studies (MSc/PhD), your university affiliation, time zone, email and contact details, dates availability, and the name of your supervisor (if you already have one). We will notify the students by early September of the results of their application.
For additional information or clarification, please contact the Student Volunteers Chair, Seide Reyhane Kamali at email@example.com (with the subject line “SPLC2020SV <Student Name>”).